|Job Title||Projects HSE Advisor|
|Department/Function||HSE / Projects|
|Responsibility for People?||N/A|
|Location:||Rumaila Oil Field|
|Work Pattern||5 days on / 2 days off|
|Role Synopsis||· Projects HSE Advisor is responsible for ensuring that all Project construction and commissioning activities are delivered in compliance with ROO HSE requirements.
· Projects HSE Advisor works closely with the Project management team to ensure Health & Safety issues are being addressed and managed appropriately.
· Projects HSE Advisor reports to the Projects HSE TL.
|Key Accountabilities||· Acts as the ROO HSE advisor at the assigned location and ensure the implementation of ROO safety initiatives with contractors across ROO Projects at all sites.
· Undertake daily safety inspections of the project, as required, to ensure safety compliance of contractor led activities
· Coach and influence contractor (and their sub-contractors) to ensure that ROO safety requirements are achieved
· Provide HSE assistance to other departments as requested by HSE TL.
· Provision of specialist advice and proactive support to the Project Team on all HSE matters to enable them to effectively achieve the project HSE goals and objectives
· Ensure that HSE has the highest profile within the Project Team
· Act as the ROO expert for all HSE aspects of risk assessments. Ensure effective application of this process at all levels.
· Establish and maintain HSE reporting system for inputs, outputs, and best practices and the analysis of same for a continuous improvement in results
· Ensure lessons learned and best practices are distributed and formal feedback (as to action taken) is provided on request
· Ensure efficiency of Control of Work System, including Permit to Work System and incident investigations with personal participation as necessary
· Provide full support for the coordination of safety related activities with the project to ensure systematic implementation of HSE managements systems
· Contractor Oversight: oversee, mentor, and inspect the contractors to ensure they are delivering all HSE requirements.
· Demonstrate a positive and pro-active commitment to HSE through the personal application of safety critical behaviours
· Support PM and HSE TL to investigate accidents and incidents on site and recommend remedial action.
· Conduct HSE site inspections/self-verifications and influence safety behaviour at ROO and major projects site operations. to provide compliance assurance of activities
· Motivate ROO and contractor personnel and influence behaviour to maintain an effective workforce capable of meeting its objectives, without harm to either personnel or damage to the environment
|Criteria & Qualifications||· Nebosh General Certificate in Occupational Health and safety.
· 10+ years of industry experience in a variety of roles that demonstrate supervisory skills in HSE supervisory roles.